How to Market in Southeast Asia — Course Highlights
Marketing is an art that is subject to influence by many factors including culture.
According to data from the Asian Development Bank, Southeast Asia grew at a robust 4.8% in 2019 and has been touted as one of the fastest developing regions globally, attracting companies with its increasingly educated and affluent workforce. However, to tap into this vast market with increasing disposable income, companies need to be careful with their marketing strategies and consider various factors, cultural nuances, taboos, values, marketing cost, marketing message, and delivery method.
Marketing is an important aspect of a company’s market entry strategy as it serves as the first point of contact with its potential customers. By presenting themselves who care about the country’s unique culture, consumers would be more receptive to their offerings. Doing so also increases the chances of being able to have a strong foothold in the foreign market.
Another aspect of marketing is the ways branding makes use of cultural stereotypes to promote products or places. Again, businesses need to consider the effects of this on national and cultural identity and explore how some products are becoming decoupled from their culture of origin whilst others are localised.
In this course,
- Uncover what to consider when Marketing in Southeast Asia
This course offers you the opportunity to explore the marketing tactics companies exploit to expand internationally and discover the most effective strategies for your targeted market.
- Understand Cultural Differences and the Importance of Respecting them
Each country has a different culture and social norm. That is what makes each country in Southeast Asia unique and different. Therefore, before deciding on your marketing strategy for the region, business owners must make an effort to learn of the different customs and traditions each country has. This will win them the trust of locals.
- Understand how to Implement an Effective Marketing Strategy
Having an effective strategy can be the difference between success and failure in your marketing efforts. You’ll explore and apply real-life examples of local marketing channels in marketing, helping you reflect on how to leverage the popularity of social media channels in their respective countries.
What is going to be covered
- Identify the 3 elements of Marketing
- Differentiate between B2B and B2C Marketing
- Learn how SEA demographics should impact your Marketing Strategy
- Understand what it means to be Culturally Sensitive
- Identify the various types of Marketing Channels in SEA
- Learn to apply the social media kit
- Craft the optimal Marketing Strategy for SEA
What are the various template/factsheet
- (Slide) Courseware – How to Market in Southeast Asia
- All business owners or entrepreneurs currently in or intending to branch into Southeast Asia
- Marketing executives intending to upgrade their skills in marketing
- Aspiring entrepreneurs or startup founders doing market research for entry into Southeast Asia
What you will achieve
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Learn the cultural and business norms to be aware of when marketing in SEA.
- Craft the optimal Marketing Strategy tailored to SEA for your business.
- Explore and apply real-life examples of good and bad practice using culture in global marketing.
Gain an edge over your competitor and claim a foothold in Southeast Asia with the right marketing strategy. Enrol the course now!